Friday, October 23, 2009

responses!

Ryan has started saying "o-tay" (ok) in response to many questions and comments that we make. It still shocks me every single time, LOL. I know it probably doesn't sound like much, but it always surprises us because it's such a change. I have been thinking about what the change really is - it is not that he wasn't answering us before. In some cases, he is responding verbally where he wasn't before. If I had asked for him to take his shoes off, he usually just did it, but now his action is preceded by "o-tay" - so cute! In other cases I think he is saying "ok" as a response instead of "yes." The other day (while working on the railroad) he had two handfuls of train track and I asked him to cover the piano keys. He spun around to look at the piano and said "o-tay, in a minute." I LOVE how our little boy talks and I continue to be unable to get enough!!

In other response news, Katie is answering questions too! If you ask her a yes/no question she will say "no" or "uh-huh" to respond. So so cute!!!! This also shocked us. Most times it actually comes out as "uh.....HUH" and usually includes some shoulder shrugging to emphasize her point :-) She is such a sweetie! Right now she loves giving hugs. There are times when we are eating and I have to get up from my chair 10 times in a row to respond to her calls of "hugggg hugggg hugggg" and outstretched arms. I know, it's a very tough life :-)

No comments: