Monday, July 28, 2008

what a difference a year makes . . .

(you can click on the picture if you want a better look)

Especially that FIRST year :-) Is that really the same boy just one year later??? I can't believe how much he has changed. These pictures were from Marc's company picnic (last year it was my company picnic too). It's been an amazing year and we feel so lucky to have watched him grow. I miss the cuddly, sleepy, little baby that he was, but I have all of those precious memories, and I love him more each day. I can't be too sad about missing my newborn when I now have a toddler that runs into my arms to give me a hug and a kiss because he's so thrilled to see me! Life is good.

I remember my mom always saying that she wished she could "freeze" me because I was at the perfect age. She said this OFTEN as I was growing up, and I was lucky to always know how much she adored me. Now I find myself feeling the same way about my children. Every stage brings so many wonderful new things, and it's so special to be a mom and experience all of that. Right now we are enjoying watching Ryan learn and discover so many little things each day, and we get to see the world through his eyes and share in all of that wonder.

I am so blessed to be able to go through another babyhood with Kate, and I'm trying to soak it all up before she too is running into my arms. She is already getting so big, but her being less tiny and new brings smiles and coos and so many other gifts. Marc and I watched Ryan's 1 year montage last night or the night before, and we were reminded of all the things that we have to look forward to with Kate :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an amazing picture! And your post brings tears to my eyes.