Friday, August 28, 2009

"The dogs no like Ryan in the corner"

Apparently, Golden Retrievers don't agree with time-outs. Who knew? LOL! This is his latest excuse, and I heard it over and over during his last time-out. He also said that he couldn't walk over to the corner.

His talking continues to amaze us. The other day we were at my mom's house and his drink was on a table near my mom's cat. Ryan started screaming "Cat! Cat!" which of course caused the cat to flee to safety. Then he said "Ryan had to scare Nana's cat away so the cat would not drink Ryan's drink." I remember when we used to talk about whether he was saying 3 or 4 word sentences :-)

Another cute thing that I had wanted to write down, though it was said months ago now . . . Ryan bit into a grape and exclaimed "there's juice in there!" Now that I am typing it I feel like maybe I already blogged about it, LOL. So maybe I'm repeating myself. Oh well!

Let's see, what else . . .

Ryan has discovered plugging the drain in the sink, though he can't quite reach the handle to do so himself. When we go in the powder room he immediately gets on his stool and starts saying "Mama, please pull that up please mama . . ." The other day he had the sink half full of water and made his fist "swim" around in it and said "like Nemo swims through the ocean."

About a month ago now, Ryan stood on the base of a cane (the kind that has four little feet) that had been in the garage. The handle is bent and makes it look like a microphone, just the right size for a toddler. He was saying (screaming) something over and over and over and my mom and I could not figure out what he was saying. I finally figured out that he was saying "WE ARE HERE!" and realized he was copying the last scene from "Horton Hears a Who" - I was surprised he remembered and thought of that!

A while ago he saw Marc feeding the dogs and said "Ryrun eat cocoa puffs TOO!!!!"

No comments: